|Daily volume trading
|Number of cryptocurrencies
|Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, France, Italy, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
|Credit Card, Bank Transfer
With a dizzying array of features and slick interface, Crypto.com is an excellent choice for beginner to intermediate users looking to integrate crypto into their daily lives.
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com has made a name for itself by providing users with selling cryptocurrencies at true cost. Their Visa card was launched in 2018 and is currently available in Canada, the US, Europe, and APAC. With perks that include up to 8% cashback and rebates on Spotify, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, it’s no wonder that the Crypto.com Visa Card is the largest program of its kind.
Promotion: Earn an extra USD$10 Sign-Up Bonus when staking 1000 CRO as the first stake.
Crypto.com’s comprehensive approach to security seems to be working, since they are one of the few exchanges that have yet to be hacked.
The exchange has implemented standard security measures such as multi-factor authentication (MFA) and withdrawal protection in addition to higher-level precautions. They also provide educational resources for users looking to improve their own approach to security.
Crypto.com is compliant with major security guidelines. The exchange was the first cryptocurrency company to attain the “gold standard” ISO/IED 27701:2019 Certification. Crypto.com also follows NIST cybersecurity and privacy frameworks, and is audited regularly by a security firm. For further info on cybersecurity standards, check out Crypto.com’s security overview.
To pre-empt security breaches, Crypto.com runs a bug bounty with Hacker One. In case the worst happens, the exchange is insured for $360 million against damage or loss.
According to an AWS overview, all network traffic is automatically encrypted, which ensures protection from distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and other common exploits.
In short, Crypto.com has ticked an impressive number of boxes. When it comes to secure exchanges, Crypto.com is one of the safer choices.
I’ll say this upfront: it can be a major pain to open a Crypto.com account. You’ll need to invest plenty of time in it. The automated identity document scanner alone took three years off of the reviewer’s life. If you want to get your hands on the fancy metal Visa card and horde of other benefits, you’ll (maybe) have to suffer for it.
1. To open an exchange account, you can start with the easy bit: go to crypto.com/exchange and click the Sign Up button in the upper right hand corner.
2. If you’re using the app, you’ll need to download it from the Google Play or the App Store. Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to confirm your email address and phone number.
3. Here comes the fun part: ID verification. If you get frustrated easily, make sure you have a pillow to scream in and some flexible wind-down time scheduled after. You need to select the issuing country for your ID, and choose the ID type.
4. Next, follow the instructions to photograph and verify your ID using the AI. Good luck.
5. Finally, take a photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with “Crypto.com” and the date handwritten on it.
6. After you’ve submitted the photo, click Complete Submission. Verification can take up to three days, so give yourself plenty of time to get this done. ID documents are frequently rejected for various reasons. If you can’t complete the verification process, try getting in touch with customer support (again, good luck.)
Ok, you made it! You’re in! Now what?
You’ll need to find your account, that’s what. Crypto.com accounts can be funded with crypto or with fiat.
Users can buy crypto directly in the Crypto.com app with fiat using credit/debit card and bank or wire transfers, depending on their location. Make sure to double check that you can buy your intended cryptocurrency; users in the US, Hong Kong, and Singapore may face location-based restrictions.
Users can use fiat wallets in the app for the following:
Yes, Crypto.com offers a wallet within the exchange and a DeFi wallet.
Crypto.com is considered one of the safest and most trusted exchanges operating. It’s one of the better brokers for buying crypto, and has earned its trustworthy reputation.
The Crypto.com App is currently available in 49 states in the United States of America & US Territories, including:
The Crypto.com App is available in the U.S. Territories including American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
The Crypto.com Visa Card is not available in these territories.
Crypto.com has registered as a Virtual Asset Service Provider or similar in the following countriesVisit Crypto.com
Subscribe to our newsletter, you are in very good company